Friday, August 8, 2008

Passion_rohini

Patterns

I find patterns in the visual context and in the larger realm of the universe such as echos, seasons, change of day and night, fractals very intriguing. Their precise, mathematical, predictable, repetitive and yet surprising nature appeals to me.

Patterns can be created very simply and their use in design, textiles, architecture, etc is unique to every region in the world; this attaches great historical, cultural and traditional importance to them.

Simple patterns are made up with a single unit repeated periodically in a predictable system. By making slight modifications to basic visual patterns I want to further explore the internal relation between units and how that would affect the relation between the unit and the whole.

Specifically I want to play with parameters such as time/pace, scale, color, texture and create complex, rich and emotive patterns for my website -

No comments: